Inventor Directory - Helpful Websites for Inventors
Have an invention or invention idea?
This is a list of helpful links for inventors.
BDL - BizDeLite does not endorse any of the links, they are merely provided to serve as a helpful starting point for your own research.
BDL Member General Resources
Search our comprehensive list of Resources listed in the 10 sequential boxes located on the home page.
- US Patent and Trademark Office - Inventor Resource Website
- US Copyright Office
- US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- United Inventor's Association
- Regional Inventor Supports Groups
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) - a nonprofit organization that is a source of free & confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs.
- National Congress of Inventor Organizations
- Franklin Pierce Law Center - find valuable information regarding intellectual property law
- Technology Commercialization Learning Center - Comprehensive coverage of the technology commercialization process.
US Government Assistance for Inventors
- U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) Advanced Manufacturing department offers financial and technical support to inventors and businesses for promising energy-saving concepts and technologies.
Defending Against Fraudulent Schemes
Industry and Market Analysis
- Hoover's Online - Online Business and Company Information
- Polson - Great Overview and Instructions on How to Research a Particular Company or Industry Guide
- US Census Bureau
- US Commerce Dept. - Bureau of Economic Analysis
Patent Searches and Registration
Finding a Lawyer
- Helpful article on How to Find an Attorney
- Search Database of Registered Patent and Trademark Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell - Leading Directory of Lawyers
- Laywers.com - Search for lawyers by specialty
- Intellectual Property Law Server - has a helpful forum where you can ask legal questions
- On-Line Provider of Legal Forms - Legal Zoom
Crowdsourcing and Invention Competitions
- Quirky.com - Anyone can submit an idea, the Quirky community helps develop the idea and winners are chosen every week to get their products developed. Making The Most of Quirky.com - Inventor Tips, Advice and Info
- GeniusCrowds.com - Genius Crowds allows anyone to submit an idea and the community to comment. Winners can potentially be made into future products. Winners are chosen by the Genius crowds team and royalties are shared with the inventor.
- IndieGoGo.com - International Crowdfunding platform for all types of campaigns.
Financing and Loans
- Overview of Process of Financing an Invention or Small Business - How Stuff Works
- Tips on How to Present to Investors
- Find out who exactly are angel investors
- US Small Business Administration
- Regional SBA Offices
- Office of Entrepreneurial Development
- Terrific Article of Resources
- Angel Investor Magazine
- Angels' Forum
- Angel Investor Central
- Angel Network
- Atlanta Technology Angels
- Common Angels
- Global Project Marketing Network
- Investor's Circle
- Keiretsu Forum
- Kickstarter.com - online funding platform
- New Vantage Group
- OffRoad Capital
- VentureChoice Inc
- Venture Worthy
Crowdfunding online source for microfunding for your invention idea
- Product Developer Blog from the Product Developer and Manager's Association
- AIPMM - Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) is largest professional organization of product, brand managers, and product marketing managers.
- European Intellectual Property Association - The European Intellectual Property Association (EIPAWEB) represents over 100 non-governmental and other not-for-profit organizations interested in protection the intellectual property of all Europeans.
- LES - Licensing Executives Society- extensive resources and training for its members but there is an annual fee and to join, you need to have referrals for existing members.
- Thomas Register of Manufacturers - Database for industrial information, products, services available at most libraries. This is a great list to look for potential licensees.
Free Press Release Publication and Distribution
- TSNN - search for a trade show
General Business Advice
Foreign Government Patent Office